Thursday 5 July 2018 – minor packet loss on 1x PWAN service path (Telstra Wholesale)
Mach detected a performance quality issue related to a small number of Customers that have a PWAN (Private WAN Service) that traverse a particular upstream fibre path provided by underlying infrastructure carrier – Telstra Wholesale.
The issue commenced at 10.05am, being average packet loss of 4.5%, intermittently fluctuating between 0% and 20%. Such service links are not “down” but the impact on normal use will be perceived as slower network performance or poor quality for services like VoIP or Remote Desktop.
The many customers that have diverse-path PWAN services with Mach were either unaffected or able to be manually redirected by Mach.
- Mach will continue to follow-up and will post to this Status Notice any further information arising:
- 10.11am: escalated issue confirmed to be with Telstra Wholsale
- 11.14am: Mach provided with direction that corrective maint (requiring outage) will be performed in window 6-7pm (or longer if necessary) by carrier engineers
- 10.22pm: only very short interruptions observed, with last maint outage observed over period 9.41-9.45pm and verbal update just passed onto Mach that “software configuration issues” contributed to issue and further Telstra work/diagnosis expected over period 7.00am-8.30am
- 8.55am: following above works, 3rd level engineer finds no evidence of (same) issues of yesterday occurring (0% packet loss, 5.00am – 8.45am)
- RESOLVED & Closed @11.07am: no further issues seen and Mach has been advised by telco 9.48am (ref ID161606) that “last night identified issue…[in segment]…Profile…[required modification]…and [Telstra] had applied a change to this“
- If you having concerns regarding your current network or how this issue impacted you, please Contact Us so that we can assist – including providing alternatives/additional redundancy if necessary.
Clients can see the latest up to date information of Status Notices online at: http://status.mach.com.au/