Planned Maintenance Notice: COY DC Network Capability Upgrade
To support increased growth and meet specific and increasingly sophisticated customer cloud hosting requirements, Mach will be implementing a planned capability upgrade to the Networking in our Cooroy (COY) Data Centre during Sunday 20th May 2018.
- A tenfold network backhaul carrier capability upgrade is scheduled for one of the Mach Data Centres at Cooroy, Sunshine Coast (COY) on Sunday 20 May, which to achieve requires short, intermittent Internet outages between 11.00am – 4.00pm AEST (5hr window).
- The primary fibre-optic service is undergoing major capacity upgrade.
- Secondary and Tertiary services are neither impacted nor under maintenance/change.
- The precise technical nature of the work will see several automated failovers of Public Internet occur (BGP reconvergence) for some client Internet routing paths (and one private wan path, which will also failover to diverse path) – this only affects this one Data Centre site.
- The timeframe is to work within constraints imposed by 3rd party carrier subcontractors and is the best able to be achieved by Mach, to minimise impact on Mach’s customer services.
- Potentially impacted clients have also been provided at least 72 hours notice of this planned maintenance activity.
- Mach appreciates our clients’ understanding that the scheduled network upgrade is an essential activity to ensure the optimal continual running of this particular Mach Data Centre facility.
Clients can see the latest up to date information during this process online at: http://status.mach.com.au/