Planned Maintenance Notice: Web Hosting Servers Upgrades (Plesk)
To support increased growth and meet specific and increasingly sophisticated security requirements for our customer shared web server hosting requirements, Mach will be implementing a planned capability upgrade to the various Plesk Servers we use at multiple Mach Data Centre sites at Friday 25th May 2018 (7-9pm).
- Only relevant to associated services for some Mach customers.
- Each have been notified also via direct email to nominated webhosting/webmaster point of contact held on file
- On Friday 25th May 7.00pm – 9.00pm Mach will be performing an essential upgrade to the web hosting infrastructure your website is hosted on.
- Your website may experience some downtime during the upgrade process.
- As there are a number of changes to the underlying hosting platform we have setup a test environment that customers can use to test your website on the new platform.
- Mach has already performed very basic testing of your website on the new platform but we encourage customers to perform their own testing if possible before the migration on Friday.
- You may test your website on the new platform by editing your “host file entries” to point your domain(s) to the IP address notified in the email sent to you.
- If you do not know how to do “hosts file entry”, download this PDF guide that outlines this process for Windows/MacOS/Linux computers. Please remember to remove your host file modifications once testing is complete.
- For customers who experience issues with their site on the new platform Mach is able to keep your site running on the old platform for up to 30 days at no extra charge, while any necessary minor updates are made to your site by you or your web developer to reach compatibility with the new platform.
- Mach appreciates our clients’ understanding that the scheduled upgrade is an essential activity to ensure the optimal continual running of this particular Mach platform.
Clients can see the latest up to date information during this process online at: http://status.mach.com.au/