Friday, 23 Nov 2018 – Fibre cut causing outage of some Telco Services
Mach detected a network outage that affected several higher-level services at 4.23am related to a small number of Customers.
The root cause has been advised to Mach by two separately affected upstream carriers we procure services from, to be damaged fibre optic cable.
All Mach infrastructure was first ruled out as having no issue nor any recent configuration changes. All Mach and Mach-managed client systems and services are up and fully functional, including automated failover via alternate network paths for HA services.
The many customers that have diverse-path services with Mach were either unaffected or able to be manually redirected by Mach.
Those Clients with services still affected during this outage, have been notified and Mach will continue to support and advise with updates until resolved.
- Mach will continue to follow-up and will post to this Status Notice any further information arising:
- 4.42am: outage of several telco comms services first detected by Mach systems and Staff; customers notified, cause of issue located by upstream carrier (Unplanned Outage Alert #O-5460)
- ETA 9.00am: restoration estimate, for completion of fibre re-splicing works, as advised to Mach
- 9.03am: all services not yet been restored by ETA advised; Mach staff following up with upstream telco’s to get new ETA and any further detail available
- 9.14am: some services restored; others not yet (Mach suspects due work on separate physical fibre strands – within a common fibre bundle or FOBOT)
- 9.46am: final services affected now restored
- If you having concerns regarding your current network or how this issue impacted you, please Contact Us so that we can assist – including providing alternatives/additional redundancy if necessary.
Clients can see the latest up to date information of Status Notices online at: http://status.mach.com.au/