Planned Maintenance Notice: VoIP-PBX HA-Cluster Core Capacity Upgrades
To support increased growth and meet specific and increasingly sophisticated customer High-Availability VoIP telephony requirements, Mach will be implementing planned capacity and capability upgrades across core physical infrastructure in our Data Centres starting on Sat 20th October commencing at 2pm.
- Most of the work will be transparent to our customers that utilise this Telephony Platform, from before and after the changes
- The High-Availability (HA) features of the platform will be utilised to minimise any disruption. However due to the nature of certain hardware related upgrades this cannot be implemented without intermittent interruptions.
- The timeframe on Saturday has been selected with minimising/avoiding impact on clients whose configurations may require interruption. We have personally advised all such clients directly.
- The first set of changes will occur between 2.00pm – 4.00pm AEST (2hr window) on Saturday 20th October.
- During that window, only VoIP-PBX HA-Cluster infrastructure will be affected. No other works will be performed.
- If all major works able to be successfully completed per above, we expect no following interruption to services (however, if required Mach will extend the timeframe into the night if required)
- Mach appreciates our clients’ understanding that the scheduled upgrade is an essential activity to ensure the optimal continual running of this particular Telephony Platform.
Clients can see the latest up to date information during this process online at: http://status.mach.com.au/